Friday, February 27, 2009

Leading the Challenge / Hutchinson Chapter Visit




There's no place like home! That is especially true when home is in Region V. Derek and I took a roundabout trip to LTC by first making a stop in Hutchinson. After having lunch with Ms. Rada, we headed to the high school careers class. We presented a workshop on one of our favorite topics, resume writing. After that, we headed through my hometown(s) to tape my portion of our convention video, I even had time to run into both of my parents at work. From there, we finally made the final trek to Alexandria for LTC.


It was my third Leading the Challenge and Derek's first. We arrived at Arrow Wood and met up with the Region V officers. The theme of the weekend was Ready for the Big Time and the whole place was decorated with sports paraphernalia.


On Saturday, after the first half of sessions, the group split up to either ski or visit the water park. I went with the crew skiing and joined a group where we all overcame our fear of black diamond hills and had a great but very windy time on the slopes. Exhausted and hungry, we headed to the Alexandria High School for tacos in a bag and then went back to the hotel for a GREAT dance. It was really hard to realize it was probably my last FFA dance ever as an officer but I was glad it could be at LTC. Sunday brought more sessions and goodbyes. The conference was adjourned and we started for home. Derek and I had the chance to stop and eat with the Hutchinson members at Leann Chin in St. Cloud... it was still way too early for Chinese food!

No comments: