Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Region 5 girl's trip to Region 8...

I felt like I was crossing some serious party lines by attending the Region VIII banquet on Tuesday. All friendly (or my and Derek's) rivalry aside, I was very excited about the chance to celebrate a year of accomplishments with the biggest region in the state. Pam Dahlman and I had the pleasure of introducing Mike Sheely for his retiring address. Unfortunately for us, technical difficulties delayed our powerpoint for a few minutes and we had to resort to embarrassing Mike stories to pass the time. Eventually the technology did work and we got to introduce Mike with a whole array of embarrassing pictures in our take on the youtube video Kittens Inspired by Kittens. As promised, the Mike version should be hitting facebook soon. After the awards night was over, we joined the new and old region officers for some relaxing time at Applebees where I found out such facts as Jenny Subra has four camels and Jared Hanson can sing all (or most for sure) of the words to "Poker Face."

No comments: