Monday, June 30, 2008

Day at the Dome




Yesterday was the perfect summer day to celebrate the Foundation's annual Day at the Dome . Val Aarsvold, Lisa Morehouse, and the whole crew from the Foundation made sure supporters and members alike from three states got together to spend a day in good conversation, great food, and an exciting Twin's game. I really enjoyed catching up with many members, sponsors, and past officers that I hadn't seen since April or before. Getting to see Nikki who had been at camp last year; Pam, Dan, and Amber, past officers; foundation members like Sheryl Meshke, William Nelson, and Paul Hansen; the South Dakota State Officer Team, and all those smiling faces fresh from SGLC like the girls from Watertown and everyone from HLWW; was enough to make my week.

Somehow luck was on my side that day as each state (SD, ND, MN) had one representative to throw out a first pitch for the game. MN's was Brianne from Plainview - Elgin- Millville, who won the Foundation essay contest. ND had State President Darin, and SD was supposed to have State Reporter Josh. Unfortunately the South Dakota officers got caught in a parade in Minneapolis and couldn't make it in time and I happened to be standing in the right place at the right time as a very eager volunteer and Twin's fan (also lucky that Derek isn't much of a Twin's fan). Ask Brianne or Darin , I was bouncing - off - the-walls excited to have the chance to throw out a pitch. When SD finally did arrive, Josh eased my conscience by telling me he wasn't much of a baseball fan anyway and he really didn't mind missing it. The Twins broke my heart when they traded Torii Hunter but I might forgive them after this.

The icing on the cake for the entire day was a 5-0 Twins victory in inter-league play with the Brewers, meaning eleven wins in the last twelve games. Go Twins!!

No comments: