Monday, January 5, 2009

San Francisco


Caitlin, Justin, Pete, Cindy, and I arrived safely in San Francisco yesterday on the way to China for the International Leadership Seminar for State Officers. We will be spending 9 days in the people's republic but first we have a few days of orientation here. I was very excited since this is my second favorite city. We spent the afternoon sightseeing with an impressive up hill (and down hill) walk from Union Square to Fisherman's warf. I think the rest of our group thought I was completely lost but I swore I knew where we were... which was true, after a little bit of exploring. After the several mile hike, Justin was finally able to see the Golden Gate Bridge just as the sun set. We caught some supper at the pier before taking the bay area rapid transit back to our hotel. We spent today getting to know the other 45 participants and 5 chaperons while picking up some traveling tips and learning about China. Tomorrow will be an early morning as we say goodbye to the city by the bay and head to Beijing. The flight departs at 11 AM Tuesday and arrives at 3 PM Wednesday due to the serious time difference. Pictures and more information to come where internet is available!

No comments: