Monday, May 12, 2008

Greetings


Good evening MN FFA!

Since my first post was more of tech test, I will start over with a little more substance.

I am Katie Zenk (even though my jacket says Katherine) and I am from the BOLD FFA chapter in the heart of Region V. My school is in Olivia which is the corn capital of the world. I grew up on a small farm near Danube, MN, where my SAE consists mainly of Poultry Production Entrepreneurship with some beef and fruit placement thrown in. My CDEs are poultry evaluation and job interview and I am going to the University of MN - Twin Cities next fall.


So now that you know a little about me, here's what we have been up to for MN FFA in 2008-2009. This afternoon, I just got home from BLAST Off which was an amazing enrichment experience for the state team, presented by quite wonderful national facilitators Mark Jewell and Marlene von Stein. After missing the first few hours of the conference due to an AP test (not quite so fun!) and getting a little lost in Minneapolis with Lavyne Rada, we joined the group already in progress on Friday evening. At the conference, the state team spent time planning parts of the next year and are very excited to announce some very exciting technological advancements, the first one being these blogs. I am still trying to figure out exactly how they work and tonight I'm trying my hand at adding a picture. We will also be uploading clips and video newsletters throughout the year. We also got to work preparing our skills for camps this summer. We are very fired up about the year and remember that camp registration is coming up!

This is going to be a FANTASTIC year!


Please call, email, or facebook me if you ever need anything!!

No comments: